Why don’t people buy? The ‘Institute of Sales and Marketing’ of which I am a fellow, states that the number one reason is – The fear of making a mistake.
And the larger the sale, the bigger the fear!
So the next questions is – how can you reduce the fear of buying your products, or services?
There are many ways including:
- Better than rish free guarantees
- Risk reversal
- Easy refunds
- 30 day trial
- Free sample
- Free taster session
- 50% off your first order
- Bring a freind and get in free
- Etc, etc
“How can you give your customer an experience of the effect that they are going to get when they are a client, before they become a client?”
Again there are many answers to this question. Some of the ideas I have used include:
- Offering a free one hour meeting where I actually help people with their marketing
- Provide someone with a free e-Book
- Provide someone with a free CD of me talking at an event
- Offering a free seminar
- Offering to carry out a review of a certain element of their sales and marketing
What can you do to make it easier for someone to buy your services?